Thursday, September 08, 2005

Under Water

There are many things I could say about the U.S. government’s embarrassingly slow response to destruction of New Orleans, but I won’t bore you all with my outrage. I just really want to pass along my deepest thanks to so many of your countries for sending aid our way in a time of need. I understand that the Dutch have sent engineers to help claim the land back from the sea and I can think of no better qualified friends to have at our sides right now.

Please know that individuals in the United States have been doing tremendous things to help the over 1,000,000 people effected by this tragedy. People have opened their homes to strangers, children are sending their toys and books to shelters, and many corporations (including my own company) have sent water, food, money and medical aid to the region.

It’s amazing to know there are so many good and open hearts out there – both here in this country and also far, far away in each one of you.

I hope all of you are well!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 14 September, 2005, Blogger Carlota said...

Hi Alison!
I am still terrified about what happened there. I agree with all you said and just want to say that we all have all that people and you in our minds. Hope things can improve soon.
Big kiss!

 
At Monday, 26 September, 2005, Blogger Alison said...

Oh yes, Rob, you got it right. We hate us some "rogue states," but as soon as they offer up doctors or money...

...sigh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home